Monday, February 13, 2012

A New Life......

Hello Blogging world, it's been a long time.  It's hard to concentrate when your world is turned upside down.  So I have been trying to figure out what my problem is with my stomach, so I have started not eating any gluten.  And it has been helping,  I think maybe I have celiace disease that would explain all the stomach pain, and everything else I have been dealing with for the the last 5 yrs.  So I have been eating gluten free for two weeks, lost eight lbs (yeah), but I am starving....  What do people eat when they need a snack, besides fruit lol.  I am really going through some changes life really is revolved around food.  every thing we do I reward myself with a snack (sugar).  This morning I broke down and went to McDonald's and got a Coke and Egg Mcmuffin... came home and puked it up.  I guess I just had to test myself and remind myself that I really can't eat that kind of food anymore. So it is a blessing and a curse, but I will have to figure out a new way of life and hopefully feel better a long the way.  I will be looking for and posting recipe's I am going to try Wish me luck....

3 comments:

  1. Shelf Reliance has a lot of gluten free foods....also, I have a friend who has gone completely sugar free AND gluten free. I will ask her for recipes, ideas, helps, etc. I know I could benefit from doing this, also, but I'm just not in that place yet. It's been hard to gain the 20 lbs that I have since moving to Alaska, but I'm just not emotionally where I need to be to try to start losing it. I keep reading your blog and I know I will get there eventually! Thanks for posting! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a battle everyday, reminding myself I need this. One little piece of bread won't hurt right. Then my stomach reminds me other wise. If I feel good I can stay busy and not think about food, but you know everything we do revolves around food???

    ReplyDelete
  3. try pepperoni with cream cheese. any meat with cream cheese is awesome. I find that I am not as hungry when I don't have the sugar and carbs. The meat and veggies may have more calories but man do I feel full longer. so in the long run, I think I am eating less calories. When I eat sugar I get a headache, so it seems when I decide to eat a little piece, I end up eating a ton because I am going to have to deal with the headache anyway, might as well make it worth it. fried eggs and bacon - the breakfast of champions. I finally hit 30 pounds yesterday! half way there. you can do it. just make up your mind and do it!

    ReplyDelete