Monday, November 14, 2011

The Beginning!!!!

Hello Blogging world,  I am about to do something I have never had the courage to do before.  I am putting it all out there for the world to see.  I am a thirty six year old mother of  four. I would like to say I the weight I have gained is all because of giving birth to those beautiful childern, but the oldest is 14 and the youngest is almost 5.  I lost every pound I gained from each child.  I am an athlete in mind but not in body, I have ran (jogged) 5 half marathons, and this last summer I ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay.  I have finished everytime, but never in a time I would brag about.  Not to say it isn't an accomplishment, it was.  But I am tired of being the chubby one running across the finish line.  I keep thinking today is the day, but today never comes!!!!  I am sick of it and ready to air it all and maybe have to be responsible for my actions.

I look at myself everyday in the mirror, and think I don't look so bad.  But slowly my cute fat jeans are turning into my cute skinny jeans.  I am tired of wearing jogging pants everyday, but I don't want to spend any money on new fat clothes. 

This last week my Beautiful Grandma Shirley passed away.  The thing I love about funerals is all the family that you haven't seen for years come home.  We visited and had a really good time talking about the good old days.  We took  some fun pictures (or so I thought).  Then I get on facebook and you will never guess what I saw.  This 180lb person I have never seen before (ME).  I can't believe I just put my weight on the internet!!!!!  Oh well it is the first step to a change in my life.   So here we go!!!!!
Yep that's me on the right!!!

2 comments:

  1. You go Sherrie! I'm cheering u on. With that Bulkley drive, u can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome for doing this! I was getting emotional reading your post because it hits so close to home for me.......I was at the exact same weight when I decided I had to do something. I will be cheering for you. Call me sometime so we can talk. Love you lots and always will....no matter what!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete