Wednesday, November 16, 2011

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

I want to thank all my friends and family for all the support.  This has so far been an awesome way to start achieving my goals.  There are so many ways we can lose weight and different things work for different people, as I am finding out. I have had so many personal messages of everyones own challenges, with losing weight.  It is for sure an on going battle.

Let me share with you a little bit about myself.  I grew up in a house with five girls, mom and a dad.  We had lots of fun, my dad would even get silly once and a while ( if you know my dad that might come as a little shock).  My mom is a beauitful women, always dressed up to date, with a cute haircut.  We all would share clothes, fight over boysfriends (Suzanne;)).  I all ways thought I was fat, I even layed on my drivers license because I didn't want to say I weighed 120 (so I said 117, I am so bad). My senior year was the worst.  I had sent my boyfriend on a mission, I didn't tryout for cheerleader, and the only sport I did was track (I threw the javelin;)).  And so it began with the weight.  I gained thirty pounds, that year didn't date much, and just wanted to get out of town.  As soon as I graduated I moved to St. George and started cosemtolgy school.  It was great, still chubby I felt a little out of place with all this super cute St. George girls.  Anyway I got feeling sick ,and I have endometriosis so they decided to do a laporoscopy.  I got home and started feeling really sick, so they took me back to the hospital (in the ambulance). After a couple of days they found out I had really bad infection.  I don't remember much for eight days, but when I went to get dressed my clothes almost fell off.  I had lost 20lbs.  Not the best way to lose weight, but it worked I guess. Then the missionary came home things didn't work out so I started gaining it back again.  And so the roller coster began, everytime I would start getting happy it would fall right off.  Everytime anything went wrong I would start packing it back on.  I was Super Cute & Skinny at my wedding, they had to keep taking in the dress.  The problem I am facing now is little things makes me stress, so then I just gotta have that coke.  I started today really good, then I got a phone call from the school my son forgot his homework (mr. 4.0), "please bring it to me".  So I loaded up all three of the  kids (I babysit 2 darling kids, who I  would love to keep).  Then we get to the school and I unload all three of the kids, we are walking throught the parking lot, kids are losing shoes right and left, if I can just make it to the door.  Finally we give him his notebook, then I realize we have to make it back to the car.  I am really sweating it.  We make it to the car,  then buckle everyone in.....I really could use a coke.  This is my life, my husband is working out of town, so I am home with just the kids all week.  We are greatful for the job, and I am greatful for my childern, I just wish when things got bad "all I really wanted was a banana"

Share your stories with me, give me pointers, cheer me on I love it.  Maybe we can help each other want a "BANANA".  You can email me or comment, I know there is a lot advice out there. Recipes, favorite excerises....... Sherrie.h@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Sherrie I think you are awesome and so is your sweet family... Keep posting I love to read about you... And your Mom is my BFF....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome for doing this! This post made me laugh so hard... And just for the record none of those boys we fought over were good enough for us anyways! Have you tried "my fitness pal" ? We are doing that now and I love it!

    ReplyDelete