Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Keep Working

"To reach a port, we must sail- Sail, not tie at anchor - Sail, Sail not drift."
                                               Franklin Roosevelt

So I went to Flex class this morning, I love it.  Flex is a class were we use free weights, and bars, and yoga balls (strength training).  No bouncing up and down!!!!  There are all ages of  women, it is great to see some of these older ladies there, (a lot of them are in better shape then me).  Today was a little hard because I didn't get there early enough to get on the back row.  So I could see myself....  I like to look at the teacher and think that's where I am going, not see myself and think look at were I am now!!!!  I think that is one of the hardest things about going to the gym, looking at yourself and all the skinny women, and remember you have to start somewhere.  We all have different body types and shapes, some have skinny legs with bigger bellies, I have chubby legs and a smaller belly?  One bit of advice I have is to invest in some cute workout clothes, don't just go to the gym looking your worst.  We all can use a little encouragement!!!  That is why I love to go to spin class, the lights are off and I can feel my muscles working, I know there is a fit women in there somewhere.  Another thing I like to do when it gets really hard, I imagine little pac man eating all the fat away;)  Well I am off to buy a new scale, mine is a dial,and I need to numbers to show me every little bit I lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment